Thursday 14 July 2011

Where did the time go ?

Tomorrow my eldest will get on  a plane and travel to the other side of the world...  This will only be the second time she has flown and never outside of Australia.

I am proud of the young lady she has become and proud to that I have brought her up to be independent, able to stand on her own two feet.
Today I just feel sad, my baby really has grown up and tomorrow she will leave my house and really have to fend for herself.  I know she will be back in three short months, which will fly for her but drag for me, but I know too that it will be a different Annie who comes back a more grown up and independent one.  One who really does no longer 'need' her mother.   I just wonder where the last twenty years have gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment